Senior Java Developer
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is responsible for developing, maintaining, and supporting the software systems required to achieve the business goals of Arkadin. The SSEís focus of concentration is on framework and API development.
We're seeking an experienced, motivated engineer to begin work immediately on a team of 4-5 engineers building a web-based conferencing management tool utilizing Java, JBoss, .NET and MS SQL Server. The development environment is challenging, collaborative, and utilizes the Scrum methodology.
This position is with an internationally distributed development team of over 40 engineers in a fast growing, global company. There may be opportunities for travel both domestically and internationally to collaborate with engineering colleagues.
Future projects may include:
- Full-stack, dynamic ASP.NET MVC websites
- Workflow management enterprise applications with Requea and Java
- A state-of-the-art web conferencing application (.NET based)
- A state-of-the-art audio conferencing solution (.NET based)
- VoIP solutions
- Integration with the top hardware and service vendors in the collaboration industry
- Play a leading role in our integration efforts with third party hardware and software services.
- Participate in the design and implementation of core systemís framework.
- Monitor the Ticketing and Project systems daily for newly assigned tasks.
- Understand and apply the principles of software engineering.
- Fully understand the requirements and expected outcomes of the assigned work.
- Elicit requirements from end users and stakeholders as needed.
- Assess and communicate the impact of changes to end users, stakeholders, and management.
- Unit test all coding changes.
- Work with the QA analyst to construct system and integration test plans.
- Perform system and integration testing for co-workersí coding change.
- Contribute in design/team meetings.
- Perform all required record keeping and documentation relating to the work performed and to the developed systems.
- Execute system releases.
- Demonstrate system ownership of mission critical systems.
- Provide business analysis for large (> 80 hrs) projects.
- Provide project management for large projects.
- Participate in business process engineering efforts.
- Play a leading role in core systemís architecture.
- Bachelors of Science
- 4+ years of professional development experience
- Desire to apply and build skills leveraging VoIP and Video technologies
- Exceptional knowledge of Java
- Strong working knowledge of Oracle PL/SQL and Microsoft SQL server
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design
- Experience with .NET and JBoss is a plus! Or willingness to learn on the job.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.